Sunday, July 25, 2010

Bits of My Weekend 7.25.10

Ahhhhh...what a weekend!!! My wonderful mom came to visit for the weekend and it was AWESOME. She drove up from Florida on Thursday and then I took Friday off to spend the whole day hanging out with her. She left today (Sunday) around lunchtime to drive back.

We started the weekend off by going to Flip Burger for dinner. We each got the Butcher Burger and we shared both onion rings and fried pickles. YUM.



Then we got up pretty early on Friday morning to go play golf at Bobby Jones - to be honest, I'm not a great golfer and I don't have a love for the game. But, I try. And I stared off okay on Friday morning, but there were some *cute* guys playing behind us - and we were having to wait a while for the group ahead of us - which means eventually the cute guys were watching me tee off, which made me just a little nervous. Ok, a lot nervous.

After golf, we stopped at Whole Foods and picked up lunch, as well as the ingredients to make dinner later in the evening. (Penne ala Betsy from the Pioneer Woman)

On Saturday, we took Riley and headed over to Piedmont Park for a nice, long, HOT walk. Then, we went to the Peachtree Road Farmers Market - I have been wanting to go here for a long time.



As you walk in, you see this great crepe maker man...followed quickly by the best bacon I have ever tasted. We hit up the Holeman and Finch Bakery for breakfast - chocolate croissant and strawberry danish - and also picked up the pretzel loaf thinging for later in the day. Additional purchases included a sampler pack of goat cheese (onion and chive, 7 spice, mediterrainian, and red pepper) and popscicles from King of Pops. I got the pineapple basil and Mom had watermellon.



We then did some errands (Mom got some new jeans for her trip to Ireland) and headed over to Buckhead Diner for lunch (we shared the Blue Cheese Chips and then I had carpaccio, while Mom had a salad). We came home to do some work around the house - unpackin some bins and boxes that were in my basement so that Mom and Dad could use the bins for packing up the house in OH. Then, it was off to Sotto Sotto for dinner.




(Mom's Ravioli Nuddi - ricotta and spinach gnocchi - clearly hand rolled instead of rolled on fork tines)

This morning, we took another long walk at the park before Mom left for home.

THEN - I headed for the Williams Sonoma at Phipps for a cooking class. It was called "Saving Summer" and one of the recipes was a mixed berry jam. I'm really getting interested in learning to can and preserve, so this was a great intro. They are having another, more intense, canning class on August 19th that I am planning to go to.

What about YOU? What did YOU do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment