Sunday, July 11, 2010

Bits of My Weekend 7.11.10

Well, I'm definitely not yet the blogger that my friend Six in the City is (http://www.6inthecity.com/) since this is only my third post, but I plan to take part in her weekly "Bits of My Weekend" assignment. I didn't do a great job taking pictures of things this weekend, but here goes...next week, I'll try to do better!

Friday - after my no-good-really-bad-work-week, I spent the evening on Friday doing my own thing. I downloaded the first season of The Tudors (http://www.sho.com/site/tudors/home.do) and watched a few episodes. I've been curious about this show for awhile - I love the Philippa Gregory books (like The Other Boleyn Girl), so I was hoping I would enjoy this show, as well. So far, so good!

Saturday - I did some laundry and running around during the day, then got focused to do a few DIY/decorating projects. First, I got the labels off of these empty wine bottes (imagine that, just happen to have a few laying around!) and then cleaned them inside and out. I put some colorful wine stoppers in them and have placed them on top of my kitchen cabinets with my glass pitcher. What am I going to do with them, you ask!? Well, I plan to keep doing this with empty bottles and then when I have my next party, they will be filled with water, lemonade, and tea and put in the cooler! What do you think??




The second project was a new centerpiece for my dining room. It uses corks from some of my favorite bottles of wine as a base for this traditional candle in a hurricane vase. It's not exactly what I was envisioning, but it works for now as I contemplate what to do next.



Then on Saturday evening, I met my friends Bethany and Jay for dinner at The Iberian Pig in Decatur. http://www.iberianpigatl.com/ I had been wanting to try it for awhile and when they suggested it, I was uber excited. The bar was AMAZING - all these handmade cocktails - I had a Dark and Stormy, but had a difficult time deciding between all the options. The food was great, too. We had A LOT of different tapas - probably 12 or 13 different things to try. I loved the bacon wrapped dates, pork cheek tacos, and crispy goat cheese, among many other awesome dishes.

I wrapped it up by meeting Matt, Hussain, and some of their friends in the Highlands for some "late night" drinks.

Today (Sunday), I hit up Lowes and the grocery store, then came home for some more work around the house. I moved the printer in my office so that I could take the extra table out of the room and have a little more space. Next, was using that magic Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove some of the bumps and bruises from my entrance way. Finally, I went outside to plant some beautiful Zinnias in my pots at my front steps (the first flowers I planted only lasted about 7 weeks, so keep your fingers crossed for these!). I intended to go to church, but all of a sudden looked up this morning and realizing it was starting in 30 minutes and I was still in PJs. Fail. Next week, I promise. I love my church (Peachtree Road United Methodist) and enjoy going - I can't believe I lost track of time today!


Now, I'm having a bowl of cereal and getting ready to read a bit before wrapping up the weekend and hitting the sack. What about you? What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment